Why is "Flow" important to me?
Nowadays I consider that we have too much noise and information around us and because of that to keep our focus on something important to us might be really hard. By not focusing on something we will never get the full experience and enjoyment of what we are doing.
Keep in mind that the state of Flow applies to all fields of interest: relationships, work, hobbies and whatever you can think about. By reading the book I was able first understand what to be in "Flow" means and most likely you will identify situations where you were in flow before. It also helped me to come up with some strategies to improve my trading and turn it into a fun experience, based on the conditions in which flow will happen.
On this TED, the author explores the relation about Flow and Happiness and will help to get an introduction what the book is about.
What you should expect from it
The book will start talking about happiness and how close it is related to the state of "Flow", which made a lot of sense to me and re-enforce by the above video. From there it will explore each aspect of flow and how it is applied in each situation as the contents suggests. If you don´t want to read the whole book, just focus on the aspects that you are most interested in:
- Chapters 1-4 - the general explanation and introdution on the subjetc
- The body in flow - is related to sports and flow activities using you body
- The flow of thought - related to thinking as a flow activity
- Work as a flow - how can flow be found in a working environment
- Cheating chaos - how tragedies can be transformed into meaningfull experiences
- The making of Meaning - The conclusion
Most valuables concepts to me
- Chapter: Conditions of flow - After the first chapters, I was able to understand and related to what flow actually means, but this chapter,to me, was the most practical one and the most valuable of the book. From the conditions in which flow happens, I was able to come up strategies to reach this state into the activities I want.
One must be involved in an activity with a clear set of goals and progress. This adds direction and structure to the task.The task at hand must have clear and immediate feedback. This helps the person negotiate any changing demands and allows them to adjust their performance to maintain the flow state.One must have a good balance between the perceived challenges of the task at hand and their own perceived skills. One must have confidence in one's ability to complete the task at hand.
Did you enjoy this article? Let me know :